In a world filled with extraordinary speedruns, a new contender arises to captivate the gaming community. This year at Awesome Games Done Quick (AGDQ), a Shiba Inu named Peanut Butter is set to take on the challenge of speedrunning Gyromite. Yes, you read that right – a dog speedrunning a game.
Peanut Butter, lovingly known as PB, is not your ordinary pooch. He is aided by his dedicated owner JSR, a seasoned speedrunner himself. JSR, an electrician by trade, has been streaming on Twitch for years and holds records in various games. However, this year, he wanted PB to have his own moment in the spotlight.
But how did PB become proficient in gaming? JSR’s journey with PB began during the pandemic-induced lockdown. After being furloughed, JSR decided to get a furry companion to keep him company. PB, with his vibrant personality and affectionate nature, quickly won JSR’s heart. Inspired by his love for speedrunning, JSR named him Peanut Butter, signifying the “best PB” he could have every day.
PB’s training began with basic commands, but JSR wanted to push the boundaries. His eureka moment came when he remembered Gyromite, an NES game that utilized the Robotic Operating Buddy (R.O.B.) accessory. JSR sought to replace R.O.B. with a different kind of companion – a dog. And so, PB became the star of an unconventional experiment.
Training a dog to press buttons on command was no easy feat. JSR dedicated hours of daily training and cleverly used PB’s food as a reward. After a year of consistent training, PB mastered the art of pressing buttons accurately, setting the stage for his Gyromite speedrun.
To facilitate PB’s gaming prowess, JSR custom-built a controller that a dog could operate. With the help of a friend, he rigged an arcade fight stick and constructed dog-friendly buttons. The resulting controller consisted of large buttons for A and B, a Start button, and a smaller button for simultaneous A and B inputs. This unique controller ensured that PB could navigate Gyromite with precision.
As the day of AGDQ approaches, JSR prepares the emulator and places the controller in front of PB. From there, it is all up to PB. He executes every single input in the game, showcasing his remarkable abilities as the world’s first dog speedrunner.
The incredible journey of Peanut Butter and JSR reminds us of the boundless possibilities that emerge when passion and determination collide. Their story challenges our perception of what is possible in the gaming world and showcases the unbreakable bond between a man and his canine companion. Let’s cheer on Peanut Butter as he embarks on this historic speedrun, proving that extraordinary achievements can come from the most unexpected places.
1. Who is Peanut Butter and what is he set to do at Awesome Games Done Quick?
– Peanut Butter is a Shiba Inu and he is set to participate in a speedrun of the game Gyromite at Awesome Games Done Quick (AGDQ).
2. Who is JSR and what is his role in Peanut Butter’s speedrunning?
– JSR is Peanut Butter’s owner and a seasoned speedrunner himself. He has been training Peanut Butter to speedrun games and will be supporting him during the AGDQ event.
3. How did JSR and Peanut Butter start their journey in gaming together?
– JSR adopted Peanut Butter during the pandemic-induced lockdown and named him after his love for speedrunning. They began training for gaming together during their time at home.
4. What game is Peanut Butter speedrunning?
– Peanut Butter is speedrunning the game Gyromite, originally played with the Robotic Operating Buddy (R.O.B.) accessory on the NES.
5. How did Peanut Butter learn to press buttons accurately for the speedrun?
– JSR dedicated hours of daily training and used PB’s food as a reward. After a year of consistent training, PB mastered the art of pressing buttons accurately.
6. What kind of controller was built for Peanut Butter?
– JSR custom-built a controller that a dog could operate. It consisted of large buttons for A and B, a Start button, and a smaller button for simultaneous A and B inputs.
7. What is the significance of Peanut Butter’s speedrun?
– Peanut Butter’s speedrun challenges the perception of what is possible in the gaming world. He is making history as the world’s first dog speedrunner and showcasing the bond between a man and his canine companion.
1. Speedrunning: The act of completing a video game as quickly as possible, often involving advanced strategies and techniques.
2. Twitch: A live streaming platform primarily focused on gaming and e-sports.
Suggested Related Links
1. AGDQ Official Website
Simon Smith is a renowned expert in the field of sustainable urban development. His work focuses on creating eco-friendly and efficient urban landscapes, incorporating green building practices and sustainable design principles. Smith’s approach to urban planning emphasizes the importance of environmental stewardship while meeting the growing demands of urban populations. His innovative strategies in sustainable city design have influenced how urban areas globally address challenges like climate change, resource management, and ecological conservation, making him a leading voice in shaping the future of sustainable urban living.