Xiaomi made a huge announcement back in October by revealing its next-generation Android skin overlay, HyperOS, and it’s now slowly replacing the old MIUI. After launching the Xiaomi 14 series with HyperOS pre-installed, the company is now ensuring its older devices are running on the latest software.
Shortly after seeding HyperOS to European Xiaomi 13T Pro devices, Indian Xiaomi 13 Pro users are also getting the latest firmware. Indian owners report that the HyperOS 1.0 update is now reaching their Xiaomi 13 Pro smartphones with the latest December 2023 security patch baked in. Here’s the changelog.
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2023. Increased system security.
- Upgraded memory management engine makes frees up more resources and makes memory usage more efficient
- Global aesthetics draw inspiration from life itself and change the way your device looks and feels
- New animation language makes interactions with your device wholesome and intuitive
- Natural colors bring vibrancy and vitality to every corner of your device
- Our all-new system font supports multiple writing systems
- Redesigned Weather app not only gives you important information, but also shows you how it feels outside
- Notifications are focused on important information, presenting it to you in the most efficient way
- Every photo can look like an art poster on your Lock screen, enhanced by multiple effects and dynamic rendering
- New Home screen icons refresh familiar items with new shapes and colors
- Our in-house multi-rendering technology makes visuals delicate and comfortable across the whole system
- Multitasking is now even more straightforward and convenient with an upgraded multi-window interface
As you can see, you can expect a major visual overhaul, added functionality and some under-the-hood optimizations. And in case you still haven’t seen the update, be patient, as it’s a staged rollout. Xiaomi promised that HyperOS will reach everyone by the end of January 2024.